Lab Director, Deakin
Director of TULIP Lab
SIT HDR Coordinator
School of Information Technology
221 Burwood Highway, Burwood
VIC 3125, Australia
IEEE senior member. My research interests are in the area of data mining, machine learning, business intelligence, tourism/hospitality management and decision support systems.
I serve on the IEEE Data Mining and Big Data Analytics Technical Committee (Vice-chair 2017-2019), IEEE Enterprise Information Systems Technical Committee, IEEE Enterprise Architecture and Engineering Technical Committee, and act as chair for IEEE Task Force on Educational Data Mining (2020-2023), and an associate editor for Journal of Information & Knowledge Management (World Scientific), Journal of Travel Research (Sage, A*), Decision Support Systems (Elsevier, A*), Interlending & Document Supply (Emerald), and IEEE Access (IEEE), Human-Centric Computing and Information Sciences (Springer).
Since 2012, I have been the guest editor for a number of Tier A journals, including the Chinese Journal of Computer, Future Generation Computer Systems (Elsevier) and Concurrency and Computation: Practise and Experience (Wiley) and Enterprise Information Systems (Taylor&Francis).
I have co-authored eight papers that won best paper prizes, including KSEM2018 best paper award, the IFITT 2017 Journal Paper of the Year (1st) award, IEEE-Trustcom 2016 Best Student Paper award, the IFITT 2015 Journal Paper of the Year (3rd) award, PAKDD2014 best student paper, ACM/IEEE ASONAM2012 best paper, the 2008 Nightingale Prize by Springer journal Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing. I have also conducted research projects on tourism and hospitality management. I served on the Program Committee for over 200 international conferences in artificial intelligence, data mining and machine learning, tourism and hospitality management, and is a regular reviewer for International Journals in the areas of data science, computer network, web services, and business intelligence.
- 17/12/2021, Graphical Neural Network for Hate Speech Detection in Social Network, (keynote speech, deliver remotely), the 5th International Conference on Computational Systems and Information Technology for Sustainable Solutions (CSITSS2021), Bangalore, India
- 16/10/2021, Graphical Neural Network for Hate Speech Detection in Social Network, (keynote speech, deliver remotely), 2021 IEEE the 5th Information Technology, Networking, Electronic and Automation Control Conference (ITNEC2021), Xi'An, China
- 24/11/2020, Privacy Preserving Techniques in Data Mining, (keynote speech, deliver remotely), International Symposium on Significant Pandemic Implications on Science, Technology, Humanities and Education, Manipal, India
- 04/10/2019, Group Behavior Analysis in Tourism, (opening address), Excutive Development Programme on Data Analysis and Smart Tourism (EAP2019), University of Macau, Macau Government
- 11/11/2019, Data Privacy in Analysis, (keynote speech), International Conference on Recent Trends in Advanced Computing (ICRTAC-2019), Chennai, India